Special Carpool Karaoke – level 1
It is World Down Syndrome Day on Wednesday 21st. Fifty mums from Britain make a video. It is a carpool karaoke video.
They sing with their children to the song ‘A Thousand Years’. They also sign the words to the song.
The video marks the day. The mums hope that the video can change how people see others with Down syndrome.
Difficult words: Down Syndrome (a person with Down Syndrome needs help to live a normal life), carpool karaoke (singing to a song in the car), sign (use your hands to talk), mark (celebrate).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos