Special Emergency Landing – level 3
A single-engine plane was carrying five people in New Jersey, USA, including students from a nearby skydiving school, when it ran out of power.
The small skydiving plane was forced to make an emergency landing on a highway grass-covered median.
The Federal Aviation Administration is now investigating the incident in which only the instructor sustained minor injuries.
Difficult words: median (the land between the lanes of a highway), aviation (relating to flying and aircraft), minor (small).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this incident with this plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos