Special Statue in Manchester – level 3
Scientists claim to have solved the mystery of a moving 4,000-year-old Egyptian statue at Manchester Museum.
They recently noticed that the little 25-centimetres-high statuette had started moving in its case and they were curious as to why it was. They set up a time-lapse camera and started measuring vibration values which peaked at six o’clock in the evening, dropped down at night and then peaked again from six to seven o’clock in the morning.
According to science, no ancient Egyptian magic was moving the statue but rather human activity, such as transportation. The reason that the other artifacts did not move is because of the statue’s convex base. The other statues have flat bottoms.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.