Special tennis in Sydney – level 3
It’s tennis like you’ve never seen it before, as this match involves a high-speed boat chase. Well, sort of. But tennis legends Roger Federer and Lleyton Hewitt went head-to-head, hitting the ball back and forth while both in speedboats.
The pair played this warm-up game in between boats under the Sydney Harbour Bridge before heading back to dry land for their friendly match at the Opera House.
The event was to promote the new Fast4 Tennis matches, which will now be televised for the first time.
“In terms of fun-factor, it was definitely the most fun, and the location clearly is incredible with the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. Very special and I was thinking about it while we were doing it, like how special it actually is and I like being a part of it.”
The new tennis format is designed to speed up and simplify matches for busy people.
Difficult words: legend (to be famous for being the best at doing something), go head-to-head (to play against each other), promote (to make more popular), fun-factor (how much fun something is).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.