Spider inside a man’s body – level 2
A young man from Australia went to the doctor to have his appendix removed. He then went away with friends to Bali. There he discovered a strange red trail on his belly. It was around two inches long.
The man went to a doctor in Bali. The doctor told him that he suffered from an allergic reaction, so he gave the man some medicine.
However, the red trail doubled in length three days later. It began to blister, as well. Another doctor took a closer look and found out that there was a tropical spider in the scar after the appendix removal. He removed the spider and sent it away for testing.
Difficult words: appendix (a small part of the intestines which is the tube which goes from the stomach to the anus), trail (a long line), blister (to form blisters which is a small bubble on the skin filled with something like water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Well... Shocking, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos