Starlings in Denmark – level 1
This news is from Denmark. Starlings flock together every autumn there. They look for rest and food. Then they go south in the winter.
Hundreds of thousands of birds move in formations. They attract people who watch them. A hundred thousand people watch them every year.
There are so many starlings that they block the sun. People call this Black Sun. It is the biggest Danish nature event.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.