Stop School Attacks – level 2
The US Secret Service usually protects the US president and other government officials, but it also does other work. It released a comprehensive report about US school attacks that suggested that the attacks were preventable.
The report said that there were some commonalities among the attacks. Many students who attacked schools were bullied, had behavior problems, and communicated their intent ahead of time. Many students used guns that they found at their homes or at a family member’s home.
However, the Secret Service said that it is not easy to know which students may attack a school. The organization said that schools need to find students who show warning signs and get them help.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.