Strike in France – level 1
This news is from France. The French government has plans. It wants to cut 120,000 jobs. These are public-service jobs. People do not like this. They go on strike. Some people in Paris even fight the police.
Difficult words: government (the ‘bosses’ of a country), public-service jobs (jobs which get money from the government, which gets money from people), strike (a type of protest when you do not go to work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.