Strike in South Korea – level 1
This news is from South Korea. The government there is not happy with the levels of productivity. It wants to make productivity better.
The government makes a new wage system. It based this system on productivity. It does not base this system on age or position.
Some workers do not like this. They go on strike.
Difficult words: government (the leaders of a country), productivity (how much work is done), wage (the money that you get for your work), be based on (the most important thing), strike (when workers stop working because they are not happy about something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.