Strong Winds in Cape Town – level 2
The Cape Town Cycle Tour was going to be held on Sunday in Cape Town, South Africa but it had to be cancelled. The 100 km/h winds were so strong that people could not ride.
Thousands of cyclists were at the event. Some of them embraced and enjoyed the winds, while others were more careful.
Difficult words: cancel (stop something), embrace (accept; be OK with something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos