Strong Words Between Countries – level 3
North Korea has been quickly developing nuclear weapons, and the USA agreed to the UN’s decision to increase economic sanctions against the country.
In response, North Korea’s regime said that the sanctions would be met with ‘thousand-fold revenge’ and threatened the USA. President Trump said that ‘North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States’ or the country would be met with ‘fire and fury’.
Difficult words: economic sanctions (when a country has restrictions on what it can buy or sell), regime (the ruling power of a country), thousand-fold (thousand times worse), fury (violent anger).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos