Suitcase With a Body Inside – level 2
In February, a husband and wife went on a cruise, and the wife disappeared. In Rome, police arrested the husband.
At an Italian port, a boat owner saw a suitcase floating in the water and picked it up. He wanted to see what was inside, so he unzipped it and found a black bag in the shape of a person.
Italian police wonder if this is the body of the wife. The husband’s lawyer says that the body is too tall to be hers, but the police are still working on the crime.
Difficult words: cruise (a holiday on a big boat), disappear (go missing; be killed or get lost), wonder (think).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos