Super-Stonehenge – level 2
Stonehenge is one of Britain’s most famous landmarks. But now, a group of archaeologists discovered another prehistoric monument. It is less than 3 kilometres from the original Stonehenge.
The experts did not dig underground. Instead, they used special technologies which showed them an arena in the shape of a C. The monument measured 500 metres in diameter and people started calling it ‘Super-Stonehenge’. It consisted of 90 standing stones at 4.5 metres tall.
One expert from the University of Birmingham said that this is an important discovery. It changes our understanding of Stonehenge and the world around it.
Difficult words: landmark (a monument or something else famous that you can visit), diameter (a line from side to side), consist (to be made up of).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the Super-Stonehenge?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.