Superhero Window Cleaners in Brazil – Level 2
In Sao Paolo, Brazil, a children’s hospital wanted to make the sick patients happy on Children’s Day. In Brazil, this happens on October 12, and usually, parents give their children gifts. The hospital wanted to do something more.
The hospital staff asked five window washers to become superheroes for the day. The window washers donned their costumes as the Flash, Batman, Iron Man, Spider Man, and Super Man. The five superheroes then hung outside the building and climbed down, stopping at windows as they dropped so the children could see them.
Difficult words: patient (a person who is sick or hurt and needs help from a doctor), staff (people who work somewhere), don (put on).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos