Swedish Taxi-pod – level 3
Students in Goteborg’s busy city centre do not need to take a bus or a traditional cab to travel through the city anymore. They can use a new service – a Taxi-pod, a three-wheeled yellow slightly miniature and battery-powered car.
The company Burst was founded in November 2014 with the idea to beat traffic. The idea is to solve the problem for traffic in centres in big cities. The company would like to provide a perfect service for short trips within the city from A to B. The idea is also to reduce vehicle emissions in central areas.
People using the bus travel probably for longer distances, they do not need to be in a hurry, and they do not need to get straight to their final destination. But for lots of people, traveling quickly is very important.
However, it is not just speed that concerns the makers of these cars, but improving the quality of air. They see a huge potential for solving congestion problems and problems with air quality in pretty much all cities across the globe.
One of the passengers finds that the Taxi-pods are environmentally friendly, cheap, easy to get by in the city and fun.
Difficult words: pod (a small vehicle), concern (a worry), congestion (a traffic jam).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.