Swimmer faints in the pool – level 1
Anita Alvarez is an artistic swimmer. She is 25 years old. She comes from the US.
Last week, her coach saves her life. In Budapest, Hungary, Alvarez swims at the world championship. She is feeling great. She is happy with her work.
Suddenly, Alvarez can’t feel her fingers. Everything goes black. She stops swimming and breathing. She falls to the bottom of the pool. Her coach quickly jumps into the water. She pulls the swimmer out of the water.
Something similar happens last year. Alvarez faints at an event in Spain. Her coach saves her that time, too.
Difficult words: artistic swimmer (a person who swims and dances in water), go black (to feel and see nothing), faint (to feel as if you will go to sleep and you do not know what is happening).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos