Synchronized walking – level 3
Most people are familiar with synchronized swimming, but have you heard of synchronized walking? To some, it may sound crazy, but people in Japan love it.
The activity is called “Shudankodo” in Japanese or “Collective Action” and it has gained massive popularity after a YouTube video went viral last year.
A group of students at Nippon Sports Science University, which is famous for producing many Olympic gold medallists, sumo wrestlers and politicians, have been practising three days a week for five months to perfect the group’s walk.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What strategies do the students use to ensure they coordinate their steps while synchronized walking?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.