Taliban uses US vehicles and Russian helicopters – level 1
In 2002 to 2017, American soldiers are in Afghanistan. The US government sends many vehicles, guns and helicopters. America tries to help the Afghan government. Taliban soldiers fight against the Afghan government.
This August, US soldiers leave Afghanistan. They leave many vehicles and guns. The Taliban quickly takes over the country. The Taliban has the vehicles and guns now.
The Taliban celebrates that it has 250 new soldiers. They walk through the capital city of Kabul. They carry US guns. They fly Russian helicopters. Nobody knows how many guns and vehicles that the Taliban has.
Difficult words: soldier (a person who fights in a war), vehicle (a car, ship, and so on), take over (to get control over a country or area).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos