Talking fox from Pakistan – level 2
Thousands of families came to a zoo in India. What for? To see a mythical half-fox, half-woman creature!
A man plays this creature. He dresses as a woman. The woman looks like she is part of the body of the fox. The man plays the fox for 12 hours a day. He says that life is short, so it should be spent by making people smile.
People visit the fox not only for a joke, but also to have a peek into their futures. Students always ask about their exam results.
Difficult words: what for? (for what reason?), creature (living thing), peek (look).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to know your future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.