Tattooed Santa – level 3
It’s not quite the classic Santa look, but children in Brazil will be queueing up to see this guy this Christmas.
Brazilian artist Vitor Martins has been a shopping mall Santa in Sao Paolo for the past 15 years.
And thousands of young Brazilian boys and girls will be revealing their Christmas lists to Santa Claus covered head-to-merry-toe in tattoos.
The plump jolly old fella has part of the natural look for the part with his snow white hair and beard, so long as you dismiss the ink that covers about 94 per cent of his body.
Anyone doubting Martins’ commitment to playing Santa has to do nothing more than have a quick glance at the artwork which covers his skin.
Yep, from Jesus to Jingle Bells, there’s no shortage of Christmas-themed tattoos to show his dedication.
Difficult words: classic (traditional), queue (line), shopping mall Santa (a man who pretends to be Santa inside a shopping malll), head-to-merry-toe (covered and happy), plump (having a full, rounded shape), jolly (happy and cheerful), fella (man), commitment (loyalty), glance (look), shortage (when there is not enough of something).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.