Tattoos at Work – level 2
A third of young people in Britain have a tattoo, but some businesses are worried about the image the tattoo would give to customers or clients. A conciliation service says that the negative attitude about tattoos is outdated. The service also warned businesses that they could be missing out on good employees.
In October 2014, people sent home a trainee teacher from England on her first day at a Catholic school because of her tattoos.
One tattoo artist says that he has all kinds of customers, even Members of Parliament, doctors, lawyers, and policemen. All of them know that a tattoo could be a problem.
Difficult words: conciliation service (a service which helps employers and employees solve problems), attitude (the way how you think about something), miss out (if you miss out on something, you do not do/get something good).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.