Tear Gas in Parliament – level 1
In 2008, Kosovo becomes a country. It wants to be in the EU.
This news is from the Kosovan parliament. There is a meeting and voting on a deal. The deal is about the border with Montenegro. This deal can help Kosovo be part of the EU free travel zone.
The opposition does not want this deal. People throw tear gas into the parliament.
Difficult words: border (the line between two countries), EU free travel zone (a law so that European Union people can travel easily between countries), opposition (the group that does not agree with you), tear gas (gas which hurts your eyes; police use it against protesters).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.