Technology Helps Archaeologists – level 1
Archaeologists study old things. Archaeologists help us understand history. They dig in the ground. They discover old things and towns. However, the work is not easy. Modern buildings make it sometimes impossible to dig in the ground.
Now, new technology exists. It is a special radar. The radar scans the ground. It sends pictures to a computer. Archaeologists can see what is under the ground. This technology is great. Scientists can discover more places.
Scientists study an old town of Falerii Novi. The town is near Rome in Italy. The first people live in Falerii Novi in 241 BC. The radar searches the town. Scientists discover baths, a market, and also a system of water pipes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.