Teenager steals an iPad – level 2
A four-year-old child was waiting for his mother in a salon in Florida. He was playing games on an iPad. This was in July.
A teenager was standing next to him when he snatched the iPad from the child and ran away. The police released the video and a description of the thief. They also offered $3,000 for information which would lead to his arrest.
This month, police arrested the 16-year-old thief.
Difficult words: snatch (to steal; take quickly), description (information about how a person or something looks), thief (a person who steals).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you punish the teenager?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos