Ten Injured by Etna – level 2
Etna is an active volcano in Italy. Tourists and scientists were observing it when there was an explosion.
The lava hit some snow, and the contrast between cold and hot generated an explosion. The explosion injured at least ten people. Six people went to hospital with head injuries.
Difficult words: observe (watch), lava (hot red stuff that looks like water that comes out of some volcanoes), contrast (the difference).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.