Ten Injured by Etna – level 3
Tourists and scientists from Italy’s Volcanology Institute were observing Mount Etna, an active volcano in Italy, when it fired back.
The flow of lava hit some snow and the contrast between cold and hot generated an explosion. At least 10 people were injured with six being hospitalised mostly with head injuries.
Lava and ash spewing from Mount Etna provided a spectacle last week.
Difficult words: spew (expel, emit), spectacle (a show).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.