Tesla is no longer the biggest electric carmaker – level 1
There is a big company in China called BYD. It is now the biggest seller of electric cars, bigger than Tesla.
BYD is famous for buses and taxis in big cities. China’s government gives a lot of money to support electric cars. BYD gets about 30 billion dollars in tax exemptions since 2010. They also have very good planning. Most of their cars are cheaper than Tesla’s cars. They make many parts themselves. This makes the cost low.
BYD starts making cars in 2003. Now, BYD wants to sell more cars outside China. But it can be difficult. Not many people know this company in other countries.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges might BYD face as they try to expand their car sales outside of China?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.