Tesla opens its first factory in Europe – level 3
Almost 19 years after Tesla opened, it has a car factory network that spans the globe.
The leading electric-vehicle maker officially opened its plant outside Berlin, Germany. Tesla CEO Elon Musk handed over the first 30 Model Y to customers in front of German Chancellor Olaf Scholz. Musk met his promise to dance like when Tesla opened its Shanghai factory two years ago.
The more than 5.5 billion factory is the biggest investment in a German car plant in recent history. 3,500 workers are currently on-site; however, the company expects the number to rise to 12,000. At full capacity, the plant will produce 500,000 cars annually, more than the 450,000 battery-electric vehicles that German rival Volkswagen sold globally in 2021. The Model Y has a range of 514 kilometers, and it costs 70,590 dollars.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.