The Coldest Village in the World – level 1
Do you have a feeling that this winter is very cold? Think about the people who live in one Russian town. They say that they live in the coldest town on Earth. The name of their town is Oymyakon. The town is in Siberia.
The temperatures very often go down to minus 60. The people say that these low temperatures last sometimes for ten days.
There is another special thing in their town. It is a horse. The horse lives in these low temperatures. The horse is small but very strong. The horse can live through very cold winters.
Difficult words: coldest (most cold), low (down).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this village?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos