The Cranberries’ Dolores O’Riordan – level 3
At the age of 46, Dolores O’Riordan, the lead singer of the Irish rock band The Cranberries, has died at a hotel in London.
The singer was renowned for her distinctive voice and she became an award-winning artist when she was just 18, and she went on to sell tens of millions of records. Some of The Cranberries’ biggest hits include the songs ‘Zombie’, ‘Ode To My Family’ and ‘Linger’.
Police said that her death is being treated as ‘unexplained’ at the moment.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.