The Force Awakens – level 3
The final trailer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” has debuted online. And according to reaction, it lives up to its title as well as expectation. The seventh film in the series, reunites original stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, as well as introducing British newcomers Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.
The franchise has been trending on Twitter with anticipation building up to the film’s release later this year. Directed by J. J. Abrams, the film picks up three decades after the events of “Return of the Jedi” released in 1983.
Newcomer Ridley shared her reaction to the trailer on Instagram, saying she was, “so incredibly awed to be part of this incredible legacy.”
“Oh my god! It’s amazing!”
The titillating trailer teases the audience, giving little away to the plot of the movie. “Star Wars Episode VII” is released in the UK on December 17th, and it appears that the force is well and truly with us.
Difficult words: debut (to appear in public for the first time), franchise (a series of films and products about them), be trending (to be popular on the Internet), anticipation (when you anticipate – expect something to happen), awe (to make somebody go be surprised and excited), legacy (something important which goes from generation to generation), titillating (very interesting, exciting), tease (to excite), plot (a storyline), well and truly (completely).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.