The Great Replacement Theory – level 1
A conspiracy theory says that nonwhite people are replacing White people in the US.
It is called The Great Replacement Theory. Several killers shoot Black, Hispanic, and Jewish people in the US in different events. The killers believe in the theory.
A man shoots 10 Black people in the US last weekend. He says that other people come to the US. White people marry them. He says that these things aren’t good for White people.
Some media and politicians agree with the theory. The situation is dangerous. The theory shares ideas about racism. Experts say that we must speak about these things.
Difficult words: conspiracy theory (an idea which says that something is a secret plan of some powerful people), replace (to put something in the place of something else), racism (when someone doesn’t like someone else because he looks different).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos