The origin of COVID-19 – level 2
A Wall Street Journal report suggested that the COVID-19 virus leaked from a lab, and US officials supported this idea.
But the World Health Organization said that it still was not clear where the virus came from. A team of WHO and Chinese experts said that the virus probably did not come from a lab and that it more probably came from wild animals.
WHO said that all options were still possible and that China had to provide more information. Until China is open and cooperates with experts, nobody can say where the virus came from.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think is the most likely source of the COVID-19 virus?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.