The Sallie House – level 3
It looks like an ordinary small house; however, once you step inside, it’s spine-chilling. The Sallie House in Atchinson, Kansas, US, is said to be haunted.
The ominous happenings are said to have started in the 1870s when a doctor lived and worked in the house. Allegedly, one day a mother showed up at his door with her six-year-old daughter Sally, and the doctor said she had appendicitis. The girl died during the surgery, and now some people believe that Sally’s spirit torments those who visit or dare live in the house.
In 1993, the Sallie House haunting grew more evil when a young couple moved in with their baby. They would find their pictures on the wall upside down, balls and other toys would move on their own, and at night, mysterious footsteps would been heard.
Investigator Elijah Bukos studied the house several times, using a special gadget to record, as he claims, voices from the dead Sally. However, what’s really going on in the house still remains a mystery.
Difficult words: spine-chilling (very scary), ominous (a feeling that something bad is going to happen), torment (to make someone feel miserable, scared, or annoyed).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos