The world’s oldest skydiver – level 1
Let’s introduce you to Dorothy Hoffner. This lovely lady is from Chicago, the United States. She will be 105 years old soon.
Recently, Hoffner does something very exciting. She jumps out of an airplane with a parachute. She is the oldest person to do it. She says it is a wonderful and pleasant experience for her.
Now, here is the best part. Hoffner is not stopping there. She is planning other things. She wants to ride in a hot air balloon. It is a new thing for her.
Hoffner’s story shows that age is not important. We can always have fun and try new things. It is never too late.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other extraordinary accomplishments have you achieved in your life?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.