Third Oldest Person Ever – level 3
The oldest person in the world and the last survivor of the 19th century died at the age of 117 in a hospital in southern Japan.
Nabi Tajima, who was born on August 4th, 1900, passed away of old age after spending months in hospital. People reported that she that had more than 160 descendants, including great-great-great grandchildren. She was the 3rd oldest person in recorded human history.
Difficult words: descendants (your family younger than you).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos