Thousands of kites – level 2
Teams from over 40 countries came to a Chinese city. They attended the 31st International Kite Festival.
It is an eight-day festival and around 10,000 people came this time. Weird and wonderful shapes of kites could be seen. The city is known as the kite capitol of the world. It is also considered to be the birthplace of kites. The festival started in 1984 and it takes place every year.
Difficult words: attend (to go to an event), weird (strange and unusual), be considered (people think that it is the capitol).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever built a kite?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos