Three men escape from a prison – level 2
Three inmates escaped from a detention centre in China. A camera captured a shocking moment. It showed how one of the men killed a guard. The other two assisted him.
The three men then walked out of the centre. They wore police uniforms. Police captured two of them, but the third one is still free.
Difficult words: inmate (person who lives in a prison), detention centre (something like a prison).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this article?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.