Three men jump out of a plane – level 1
People in the US celebrate Veterans Day on November 11. They remember all the men and women who work in the military.
Fred Lake is 88 years old. He is a veteran. A veteran means that a person works in the military in the past. His son and grandson are veterans, too. Fred has a dream. He wants to jump out of a plane. He speaks to his son about it for many years. His son does not agree.
Then Fred watches a story on TV. The story is about grandmothers. They jump out of a plane. An organization helps them. This organization helps old people who have little money. The organization fulfils their dreams.
The organization helps Fred. Fred, his son, and grandson jump out of a plane on Veterans Day. They spend only a few minutes in the sky. Happily, they will remember the day forever.
Difficult words: military (people and machines which work or help in a war), agree (to say yes), fulfill (to finish something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos