Tiananmen Square Protests – level 1
Tiananmen Square is in Beijing in China. In 1989, some people protest there. They want democracy and human rights. The Chinese government does not want these protests. They attack the people. Many people die.
Now it is 30 years after these events. Some people talk about the Tiananmen Square protests. One man from the Chinese government says that attacking the people was good.
One man from the American government says that the protesters were heroes. He says that China does not respect human rights.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.