Tokyo airport crash – level 1
Two planes crash at an airport in Tokyo, Japan. One plane is an Airbus. 379 passengers and 12 crew members are on board. The other plane is a coastguard plane. It is flying to help people after a big earthquake.
When the planes crash, a fire starts. Many planes cannot leave the airport. Luckily, all the people on the big plane get out. Six people from the other plane die. The collision happens on the runway. Officials must find out why the planes crash. Maybe there is wrong communication between air traffic control and the planes. Experts say that it is a big luck that all the people from the big plane are safe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What factors may have contributed to the collision between the two planes at the Tokyo airport and what measures can be taken to prevent similar accidents in the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.