Too Many Koalas – level 1
Koalas eat the leaves of gum trees. In one state in Australia, there are too many koalas. They eat all the leaves and destroy the trees. Then they have nothing to eat.
People catch the koalas. They move them to other forests. They do not let the females have babies. In some years, the trees can get better.
Difficult words: destroy (‘kill’), forest (an area of many trees), female (woman).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos