Too Many Koalas – level 2
In the Victoria State in Australia, there were too many koalas. This was a problem because the koalas ate all of the trees and then they had nothing to eat.
Last year, people moved 500 koalas, and they want to keep their numbers down. They gave the females contraceptive implants and moved them to other forests.
However, it will be some years before the destroyed gum trees grow back.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.