Too many tourists on Mt Fuji – level 3
Japan is worried about the impact of too many tourists visiting its sacred Mount Fuji.
The mountain is facing problems like pollution and too many people visiting. Authorities are thinking about taking strong actions, like building a tram system to limit the number of visitors. Even though they have tried to clean up the area, there are still problems like dirty bathrooms and litter along the paths.
Mount Fuji became a UNESCO World Heritage site ten years ago, which made it even more famous. But there are also strict rules connected with this. Japan must reduce overcrowding and damage to nature. Authorities fear that people will lose interest in the mountain if things don’t get better.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What steps can Japan take to protect Mount Fuji while still allowing tourists to visit?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.