Tractor Stealer is Tasered – level 2
In Florida, a man stole a tractor and was driving it down the road. Police started to follow him because he was driving erratically.
The police asked the man to pull over. At first, he complied when the police wanted to search him, but then he became violent and began to run away. The policeman used a taser to stop him. Then he arrested him and took him to hospital.
Difficult words: erratically (unusually doing something), comply (be OK with something), search (when police check if a person has something illegal on him or her).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos