Train Crash in Barcelona – level 2
A train did not brake when it was entering a railway station in Barcelona, Spain. It crashed into the buffers. Almost 50 people were injured in the train crash.
Emergency services helped the injured at the platform of the station. At least 18 people went to hospital, and the train driver was among the seriously injured.
Difficult words: buffers (a pair ’cushions’ – something providing protection against a crash), emergency services (teams of people who help you when there is an accident), platform (the place where the train stops for people to get on or off of the train).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.