Train Crash in Barcelona – level 3
Almost 50 people were injured in a train crash in Barcelona, Spain. People said that the train did not brake when entering the railway station and hit the buffers on arrival.
Emergency services treated the injured at the platform, and at least 18 people went to hospital, according to officials. The train driver was among the seriously injured.
Difficult words: buffers (a pair of ‘cushions’ – something providing protection against a crash).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos