Train Disaster in India – level 3
At least 36 people are dead after a train derailed in India. People are afraid that many passengers are still trapped in the train and rescue workers are attempting to get inside.
Seven coaches were thrown off the tracks at around midnight on Saturday. Indian authorities have not yet determined what caused the train to derail. Some 50 injured passengers are currently being treated in hospital.
India is home to the world’s third largest rail network but due to poor infrastructure and maintenance, accidents like this are not uncommon.
Difficult words: derail (go off the tracks), attempt (try).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos