Trick In London – level 2
Somebody installed a special screen at a London bus stop. The screen uses a special type of technology to shock people.
It has a camera so it shows what’s behind it, but a little differently. It adds videos of an alien invasion, giant robots, or a tiger on the run. It was a little scary for some people, and their reactions were incredible. They were caught on camera.
Difficult words: screen (monitor), add (put something), incredible (amazing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the implications of integrating this kind of technology into public spaces?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos