Tropical storm in Bangladesh – level 1
A tropical storm moves across Bangladesh. At least 24 people die. It injures many people. Fifty people must go to hospital.
It uproots trees. It damages houses. It buries people under trees and houses. Electricity kills some people.
It is spring. There are storms in Bangladesh every spring. This storm is the first storm of this year.
Difficult words: injure (to have problems with the body), uproot (to move out of the ground), bury (to cover with pieces of something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there tropical storms in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.